CRH plc was formed through a merger in 1970 of two leading Irish public companies, Cement Limited (established in 1936, later to become Irish Cement) and Roadstone Limited (established in 1949).
The newly formed group was the sole producer of cement and the principal producer of aggregates, concrete products and asphalt in Ireland. In 1970 CRH had sales of c. €26m, 95% in Ireland.
Since that time, CRH’s strategic vision has been to become an international leader in building materials, delivering superior and sustained shareholder returns, while reducing its dependence on individual markets and achieving a balance in its geographic presence and portfolio of products.
In 2013, CRH subsidiary companies employed approximately 76,000 people at over 3,400 operating locations, and generated Sales of €18 billion.
For further information on CRH please visit www.crh.com.
Download certifications, advisory leaflets and other data in PDF format.