What we offer graduates
The graduate development programme offers ambitious candidates a challenging and rewarding start to a successful career.
Each year we offer a number of graduates the opportunity to join our three-year Graduate Development Programme.
In 2023 we are seeking Graduate Mechanical and Chemical Engineers.
Here’s an overview of what the programme involves.
Hands on responsibility and ownership for areas of the plant, with support from management, gaining experience in:
- Technical, production & manufacturing of cement
- People management & influencing skills
- Includes rotation to different areas of the Plant
- An opportunity to gain experience in both locations
2. Continuous Professional Development
Graduates are guided through a semi-structured program across the various sections of the business in order to develop technical, interpersonal, commercial and management skills. This progression is supported in two main ways:
- The CRH International Technical Programme (ITP) for Cement, developed by CRH, to allow graduates across Europe to meet and gain in-depth intuition on Cement Operations and Production. CRH-ITP Cement video
- The Irish Management Institute (IMI) programme is world class and sets you up with the skills, tools and mindset to succeed in the world of work.
3. Beyond the Graduate Programme…
Irish Cement has an excellent record of retaining and developing Graduates into exciting and challenging roles within the company and into the wider CRH Group.
- Experience working in a diverse multi-cultural environment
- Opportunities to progress to a dynamic cross functional international career
Explore our Video Gallery which contains interviews with our Graduate Engineers
ITP – Cement
ITP – Cement is a technical programme developed by CRH to develop graduate engineers within our European cement operations. Graduates from across Europe meet and receive in-depth tuition on the production of cement and knowledge of its operations in a structured and progressive manner off site in various CRH locations.
It is a unique opportunity for high performing graduates, offering them challenging assignments in multi-cultural environments and working with experienced colleagues who share their expertise. You can find out more by viewing the ITP Cement video below.
IBEC & TU Dublin
Irish Cement has partnered with IBEC to deliver a world-class graduate development programme which is accredited by TUD Dublin. This Diploma in Professional Competence will equip you with the skills, tools and mindset needed to succeed in the world of work.
Covering 12 modules the programme will help you bridge the gap between education and the workplace and will help unlock your leadership potential. To find out more about the graduate development programme, view the pdf below.
Download certifications, advisory leaflets and other data in PDF format.