In addition to the considerable investment that has been made in reducing our carbon footprint through the implementation of our Climate Protection strategy, Investing in Our Future, Irish Cement has committed to achieving reductions in two further key emissions parameters: NOx and Particulates.
Our performance objective for both of these emissions parameters is to identify and implement process improvements so as to reduce the NOx and Particulates emissions per tonne of cement clinker from Platin and Limerick Works.
Irish Cement has committed to achieving the following targets at Platin and Limerick Works:
- By 2015, a reduction of at least 50% of the mean specific particulate emissions in 2006
- By 2015, a reduction of at least 10% of the mean specific NOx emissions in 2006
- Plant modernisation – replacement of Kiln 1 with the new Kiln 3 investment
- Investment in the installation of Selective Non-Catalytic Reduction (SNCR) systems for NOx abatement on all kilns at Platin and Limerick
- Investment in the installation of Bag Filters for Particulates abatement on Kiln 3 at Platin and Kiln 6 at Limerick
- Investment in the extension of the ESP Filter for Particulates abatement on Kiln 2 at Platin
Download certifications, advisory leaflets and other data in PDF format.